Driving Eagle’s innovation, Rich Sanders serves as Director of Telemedicine Services, a division focused on remote presence physician services, enabling hospitals to gain value and flexibility while elevating care for patients. Responsible for formulating business development and operational design of this new service, Rich manages the sales cycle and strategic market initiatives, as well as developing operational protocols and turnkey operations for inpatient telemedicine practices.
Rich is enrolled in the Executive Doctorate of Health Administration and Leadership program at the Medical University of South Carolina, and holds a Master’s Degree in Public Health in Health Services Management from Emory University and a B.S. in Psychology from Utah State University.
Eagle Hospital Physicians is an independent, physician-led company that focuses on developing and managing hospitalist practices for client hospitals. Founded in 1998, Eagle was one of the first to emerge in the hospitalist arena and continues to serve as a pioneer in the industry today, leading practical management tools and innovative solutions like remote presence hospitalists through the use of telemedicine.
While hospitalist services is a specialty in itself, consisting of medical specialists that focus solely on inpatient care, many Eagle physicians have chosen subspecialties, such as night coverage and neurology services and telemedicine.
Eagle currently operates programs in more than 17 states in about 45 hospitals, employing 350 full-time and part-time hospitalists. Our hospital clients range in size and geographic location, from less than 50 beds to more than 500 beds, in both non-urban and urban locations.
Each hospitalist program is customized to fit our hospital partner’s specific needs and may include the following services:
- Turnkey, free-standing hospitalist program development and ongoing operational management
- Telemedicine services
- Physician recruitment, training and quick start programs
- Temporary staffing solutions
- Consulting services
- Billing, coding, compliance and collections support
As the healthcare industry continues to transform and market conditions fluctuate, Eagle will continue to grow and expand its capabilities to build and support hospitalist practices, providing an essential value for hospitals, physicians and patients across the nation.
Rich Sanders discusses and answers the following:
- To start with, tell us about Eagle.
- Tell us more about how telemedicine works. Physicians can actually visit patients from anywhere around the globe?!
- So, what are the hospital’s advantages to using telemedicine?
- Are there certain specialties where telemedicine is particularly efficient?
- Telemedicine sound like a great option for hospitals, is it just as beneficial to the physicians?