To Listen To Our Podcast Please Click Here
Michael Pelland, CEO of RedFusion Studios joins the show.
Following the classic entrepreneurial storyline, Mike founded RedFusion Studios, one of the nation’s leading new product research and development firms, in his basement in 1997 after working with Motorola and other companies as an application engineer for Visionary Design Systems. Seeing a clear need in the marketplace, Mike created RedFusion studios to break down the walls between departments and disciplines bringing research, mechanical and electrical engineering, software and firmware development, industrial design and manufacturing consulting together under one roof to create products that work flawlessly.
A self-described recovering Mechanical Engineer, Mike is our Chief Solutions Architect working with clients including GE Healthcare to translate their business objectives into breakthrough new products and product ecosystems.
Michael Pelland discusses and answers the following:
- Telemedicine is a hot topic right now. Why do you think people are so interested in this category?
- What are the key technologies people should keep their eyes on as they start to develop telemedicine systems?
- How do you protect yourself from aligning with a technology platform that may become obsolete?
- What role do product ecosystems play in telemedicine?
- What are the advantages or disadvantages of developing products in house or working with a firm like yours?